- Management survey
- Refurbishment/demolition survey
The person who requests the survey and the surveyor themselves should be clear on what survey is required and what records need to be generated upon completion of the survey.
- The asbestos containing materials remain in good condition
- Nobody disturbs the asbestos accidentally
- Nobody is harmed by the continued presence of asbestos containing materials in the premises
This type of survey will be required when all or part of the building is due to undertake an upgrade, refurbishment or demolition. A refurbishment and demolition survey is a lot more intrusive than a management survey and involves materials that may be a part of the fabric of the building. The surveyor must not only locate asbestos that can be seen, but also materials that are not normally seen ie. behind walls, in ceiling voids and in floor ducts.
A refurbishment/demolition survey aims to ensure that:
- Nobody will be harmed by work on asbestos containing materials in the premises or equipment
- Such work will be done by the right contractor in the right way